Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First night in Fonty


I'm a bit late to the game with this post, but I thought you might enjoy hearing (and seeing!) what we were up to on our first night in Fonty.

No hot water, no groceries - no problem! Nothing a little red lipstick can't fix. We ventured into the neighborhood and dined on some pizza and rosé. Yum!


Giddy on lack of sleep and rosé, we headed into downtown Fonty and discovered a wonderful thing (if you're me or a six year old)! A carousel!




Here I am in utter bliss, reliving fond memories of The Flying Horses on Martha's Vineyard



Karim's a good guy so he humored me and went along for a ride as well.

After a walk to the Fontainebleau château (I CANNOT believe it's 10 minutes from where we live) and a few stops at local bars, we headed home to our sheetless bed.

Yes, our first night was spent shivering under a tablecloth. But thanks to kooky Madame L, we soon solved that problem with a trip to Ikea (but only after our out-of-body experience at the healer's home).

No comments:

Post a Comment