Monday, May 30, 2011

Hanoi

After our whirlwind tour of Angkor Wat and the other temples of Siem Reap, we jetted off to Hanoi, still without Liz's lost luggage. But thankfully I was finally reunited with my suitcase, since my two lightweight sundresses weren't going to cut it in chilly Hanoi. We also met up with our good friends, Dani and Alberto, for this leg of the trip. It's always a good time with our favorite Columbians!

The city is utter chaos - something like 2 million motorbikes zip along in every which way, navigating around pedestrians and vendors. Power lines sag across the streets in huge bundles. It was definitely a change from our last stop. Here's a pictorial overview of our time in Hanoi.

Motorbikes and clothing stores aplenty
A rare intersection without hundreds of motorbikes, but plenty of powerlines
Karim on a teeny tiny stool
The kids here were freaking adorable
Chaos! Crossing the street made my heart palpitate
More cute kids
Karim bravely stood in front of traffic at a red light to take this shot
He climbs any tree he can find
Dani, Liz and Alberto
Rush hour here is INSANE
Dani and Karim strike a gangster pose
As does Liz
And the girls think they're in a karaoke bar

1 comment:

  1. Wow...the Karim & Liz adventures continue to be amazing. I will never get to these places, but through Fontastique I feel as if I have.

    ReplyDelete