Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fontainebleau chateau grounds in the spring

From Washington state I headed to DC to visit with my family and old friends. It was an eventful trip - mom and I found my wedding dress (sorry, I won't be posting that photo here!) and I had a great time catching up with Alicia, Kate, Erin, Sarah and all the folks at SmartBrief HQ. Unfortunately, we didn't take pictures on that trip, so now I'll move into a pictorial overview of the Fontainebleau chateau grounds in the springtime.

After 3 weeks in the DC area, I headed back to France, just in time for quite possibly the most beautiful April and May I have ever experienced. I don't think it rained even once over that time. We were blessed with blue skies and balmy air, which were great for my mood, but seriously bad for the French farmers.

I've gotten in the habit of taking a walk on the Fontainebleau chateau grounds pretty much every day since they are right next to our apartment. On the days when there aren't too many tourists around I sometimes pretend that it's my own private place. Insane, I know, but that's what imagination's for, isn't it? Here are some photos from my walks around these idyllic grounds.


Flowering bushes in bloom

Trees overhead

Lovely, dappled light

So beautiful

This is my favorite part of my route



The chateau in the background

Quite possibly heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment